SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 – The State Bank of India (SBI) Clerk Syllabus and Exam Pattern for both prelims and mains exam released. Topic wise clerk exam syllabus and paper pattern explained neatly.
The candidates will have to qualify both in SBI Clerk 2018 phase-I (prelims) and phase-II (mains) separately. For each wrong answers, there will be a negative marking of 1/4 marks in both prelim and main examination.
- Phase I: SBI Clerk Prelim Exam is an online test and objective in nature, conducted for 100 Marks.
- Phase II: SBI Clerk Mains Exam consist of Objective test for 200 marks with time duration of 2 hours 40 minutes.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Prelims Exam:
SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus and exam pattern follows as:
|Sr No||Name of Section||Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 min|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
A total of 100 objective type questions will be given from English language, numerical ability and reasoning sections. The overall testing time for the computer based SBI clerk prelims online test is about 1 hour.
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three sections by securing passing marks to be decided by the State Bank of India. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
SBI Clerk Syllabus 2018 for Mains Exam:
SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus and exam pattern follows as:
|Sr No||Section||No of Qsn||Max marks||Time|
|1||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|4||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English and Hindi. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. Candidates will have to pass in each of the objective tests. If a question is left blank, in other words, no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2018
SBI Clerk 2018 exam pattern follows as:
- All questions in both the SBI Clerk prelims and exams will be available bilingually (in English and Hindi) except for English Language section.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers. One fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty for wrong answers.
- If a question is left blank, in other words, no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The scores will be normalized to equate the difficulty level of the papers in different slots based on the difficulty level of question paper.
- You will be required to score a minimum overall cut off (decided by the authority ate the time of result declaration) in both Prelims and Mains exams.
- Aspirant should score minimum cut off scores in each of the sections in both SBI clerk prelims and mains exams.
- SBI Clerk Prelims score not considered for final selection.However, only the score of the Main examination will be considered for Final Merit Listing.
SBI Clerk cut off 2018 marks to be decided by the bank and it will be published while releasing result.