SBI PO Mains Syllabus 2018 (SBI PO Syllabus 2018) : The State Bank of India Mains online test consist of 2 papers, they are objective test and descriptive test. To clear the mains exam , you should know the exact exam pattern and reach cut off marks. Accuracy plays major role in both prelims and mains exams. Instead of focusing on number of questions to attempt, try to give the 100% correct answer to each question.
SBI PO mains exam will consist of objective test for 200 marks and descriptive test for 50 marks. Both the objective and descriptive tests will be conducted in online mode. All the aspirants should have to answer descriptive test by typing on the computer.
SBI PO Mains Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Objective Test:
SBI PO mains exam is an online test and it has 3 hours duration. A total of 155 questions will be asked for 200 marks from English language, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude and General/Economy/ Banking Awareness.The Objective Test will have separate timing for every section (see the following table ).
|Sr. No||Section||Questions||Max Marks||Time|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
- The candidates are required to qualify in each of the section by securing passing marks and reaching the cut off marks to be decided by the bank after analyzing overall performance.
- There will be negative marking as penalty for wrong answers equal to 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question.
- If a question is left blank, in other words, no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- All questions will be available in English as well as Hindi expect English language section.
- Each section has an individual and overall cut off decided by the SBI that you need to cross to move to the next round called interview & group discussion.
SBI PO Mains Syllabus for Descriptive Test:
This exam also conducted in online for 25 marks, which tests the candidates knowledge in Letter Writing & Essay. A total of 30 minutes will be given to write letter writing and essay on specific topic. Typing skills helps you to elaborate your answer faster.The Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in Objective Test.