SBI PO Syllabus 2019 (SBI PO 2019 Syllabus) : The State Bank of India (SBI) PO syllabus and exam pattern for prelims & mains online tests announced with section wise topics to easily clear the exam by proper preparation strategies. The final selection list will be made based on the score of the candidates in mains exam and interview & group discussion.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus 2019 – Phase 1
SBI PO prelims exam is a entry level online test, which contains 100 multiple choice questions for 100 marks. It is only qualifying in nature and will not be counted towards the final selection. Only those who qualify through prelims online test will be eligible to attend mains exam.
All objective type questions will be given from English language, quantitative aptitude and reasoning sections. The overall testing time for the computer based SBI PO Prelims online test is about 1 hour.
|Sr. No.||Name of Section||No. of Qs.||Max. Marks||Duration|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||1 hour|
Important notes for SBI PO Prelims Exam:
- Every section (except English Language) will be available in English as well as Hindi.
- Each section has an individual cut-off. Apart this, there is also an overall cut off decided by the SBI that you need to cross to move to SBI PO mains exam.
- Each wrong answer takes 0.25 marks assigned to that question from your total score.However, there will be no negative marking for unattempted questions.
- Some of the questions might be easier to attempt in Hindi than in English.
SBI PO Mains Syllabus 2019 – Phase 2
SBI PO Mains exam has 2 parts namely, objective test (200 marks) and descriptive test (25 marks).
Objective test : A total of 155 questions will be asked for 200 marks from 4 sections (see the below table). The total testing time is about 3 hours.
|Sr. No||Section||Questions||Max Marks||Time|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
Descriptive test : This exam also conducted in online for 25 marks, which tests the candidates knowledge in Letter Writing & Essay. A total of 30 minutes will be given to write letter writing and essay on specific topic.
Important notes for SBI PO Mains Exam:
- There will be negative marking as penalty for wrong answers equal to 1/4 of the marks assigned to that question. There will be no negative marking for unattempted questions.
- All questions will be available in English as well as Hindi expect English language section.
- Each section has an individual and overall cut off decided by the SBI that you need to cross to move to SBI PO interview and group discussion round.
SBI PO Interview and Group Discussion – Phase 3
If a candidate cleared mains exam, he/she will be called for interview (30 marks) and GD (20 marks) to test the candidates communication and management skills. This is the final round of the SBI PO selection process conducted for 50 marks.
The final SBI PO result and the selected candidates list to be prepared after considering the secured marks in phase 2 and 3.